
Two weeks ago the world lost a wonderful, loving man....my Daddy. I've said for most of my adult life that my mom is my best friend, but I would always be Daddy's Girl. He had been fighting lung disease for longer than most of us knew, but put up a good battle to the last day. In the end he got to be stubborn one last time and all of us kids got to hold vigil by his bedside for a day and a half. Even though he wasn't fully awake he did give us some good grins and scowls up until that last morning. Thankfully we didn't have to watch him suffer long. In his last hour his pastor came and read to him from the Bible and we all prayed with him; it may be the most peaceful hour I can remember. I'm lucky that I have so many wonderful memories of him and that I got to be one of the lucky ones to be beside him as he passed to the other side. Although I know exactly where he is now, its hard not to mourn our loss here on Earth. I know he is at peace now and is causing a ruckus up in Heaven just waiting for all of us to make our way there eventually.
We love you Daddy and will miss you until we see you again!
Your baby girl

No comments:
Post a Comment