Image and video hosting by TinyPic

January 24, 2012

Collin's 6 month well visit

Today I took Collin in for his six month well visit.  H weighed in at 11 pound 8 ounces (1%) and was 24 inches long (1%).  He is holding steady on his weight growth curve, but did slip a little on length.  I guess marrying the tall guy might not give my kiddos the advantage I was hoping for.  Good thing I love him anyway!

Dr Beebe is still leaving it up to us if we want to do further testing concerning his size, but Brad and I both feel he is healthy and developing appropriately so we aren't worried.  He's just going to be a tiny guy.

We also discussed some issues with constipation that he has been having recently.  This weekend we started him on Miralax and have been feeding him prunes daily for the last week, but haven't had any luck.  So we are upping his dose of Miralax, adding in prune juice (yuck), and giving him a suppository (double yuck).  We are hoping to see some results within the week.  Yep, its official, I just blogged about my infant's pooping patterns!

Dr Beebe gave us the go ahead to feed Collin as much solid food as he will eat as long as it doesn't reduce the amount of breastmilk he is taking in.  Last week we had upped him to two cubes of homemade baby food per meal and he loved that.  I think we're looking at moving on to three feedings a day at this point as he just loves his solid foods.  His favorite are avocado and peas, but he will eat anything we put in front of him as long as it isn't ice cold.

He got another round of shots, including his flu shot and had a reaction much like the last two times with lots of very loud crying while it was going on, but quickly settling down once he could be held again.  He is now peacefully sleeping in his carseat while I get some work done.  I'm sure he will wake up ready to eat just about the time we need to leave to pick big sister up from preschool.

No comments: