Image and video hosting by TinyPic

April 14, 2012

Aussie Chicken

This week we tried an awesome new recipe that I just had to share.  With this new meal planning website I joined we get lots of new recipes and all of them have been good, but this one was especially great.

AUSSIE CHICKEN
4 chicken breasts
Seasoning salt
3 slices bacon, crumbled
1/4 cup mustard
1/4 cup honey
2 T Miracle Whip
1 t dried onion flakes
8 oz sliced mushrooms

Sprinkle seasoning on chicken breasts then saute 3-5 minutes per side, or until browned.  In a small bowl mix mustard, honey, Miracle Whip, and onion flakes.  Move chicken to greased 9 x 9 pan.  Apply honey mustard to each breast then layer with mushrooms and bacon.  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until chicken is done.  Serve with extra honey mustard.

The original recipe calls for 1 cup shredded cheddar layered on before going in the oven, but obviously we didn't do that!  I served mine on a bed of long-grain rice and it was fabulous!

No comments: