Its official, I have lost all motivation. My house is a mess, I haven't run in over a week, and I just want to curl up on the couch with a Pepsi and some bad TV.
While my new inserts helped my toes now my heels are hurting. Its all part of the breaking in process, I'm sure, but it means I'm officially bowing out of the Newton 8k. I know I could finish, but I wouldn't be happy with the time and my feet DEFINITELY wouldn't' be happy with me the next day. I'm also seeing a small decrease in supply as I up my mileage so I'm going to have to slow down my increases, which also means Dam to Dam is looming too close to properly train. I'll still run 13.1 at some point this year, it just might not be in an official race. From the beginning I swore I wouldn't sacrifice my supply for running and up until this week I was okay with that, but I'm really down in the dumps having to admit to the world (okay, the few of you that read this) that I have "failed" at my goal of Dam to Dam. I just have to keep reminding myself that there will always be races to be run and my body has a lot of work left in it, but Collin will only be little once and getting him off to the best start possible is what matters right now.

1 comment:
Sorry about the supply and feet issues. Knowing you, you will get back to running/training as soon as you can. Hang in there!
Post a Comment