Image and video hosting by TinyPic

September 24, 2012

Dairy Trial

Since Collin's 1 year well visit I've been working up the courage to do a dairy trial.  I keep saying I will do it "next week", but it never happens.  Since he has been in a fabulous mood, sleeping great, and eating well I finally took the plunge this morning and handed a sippy cup of skim milk to him.  He drank about an ounce, with some convincing, and went about his morning.  Around lunchtime he got a little fussy and took an early nap.  He didn't sleep very long and grandma ended up rocking him for another 45 minutes to try to get him to sleep some more.  He didn't eat much for lunch, and kept requesting to nurse all afternoon.  Then, around dinnertime the gas started.  His little tummy would rumble, he would pass gas, and then he would cry.  Again, he didn't eat a lot for dinner and fussed the evening away, asking to nurse about every 30 minutes.  I'm guessing his tummy hurt and that was how he finds comfort.  Before bed I changed his diaper to put on his jammies and his little bottom is covered in a rash.  So, dairy wins again.  I'm hoping the symptoms will be limited to some gas and a bit of a tummy ache and not keep us all up tonight, but we will have to wait and see.  At least I can finally say I did give it a try.  I'll be putting in a call to the pediatrician tomorrow to see if its time to see an allergist or just stay the path of no dairy.

No comments: