Image and video hosting by TinyPic

September 3, 2012

Lanscaping

This spring I finally got sick enough of our evergreen tree taking over our front yard that I had it removed.  While they were here doing that I also had them take down the half dead tree in my back flowerbed.  Unfortunately, almost immediately after was when we had all the testing done on Collin so I didn't feel like I could justify spending money to re-do the landscaping as I had hoped to.  This weekend we rectified that!  Mom came down and watched the kiddos so Brad and I could spend Saturday and Sunday working on it (with a break to watch the Hawkeye win, of course!).  It was hard work, but it was so worth it.  I think it turned out amazing and all our neighbors that drove past seemed to approve as well.  Now if we can just get the grass to recover from this drought we'll have a pretty yard for spring!

Our house hiding behind the giant evergreen

Half dead, but still overgrown tree in the back

Beautiful new landscaping out front.  A small hibiscus and
a snow fountain weeping cherry that will have beautiful white blooms in the spring!  

Back landscaping

No comments: