Despite being sick on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day was absolutely wonderful and several times I was overwhelmed with just how blessed I am. I've got an amazing husband who loves me unconditionally, puts up with my craziness, works so hard at work AND school, and helps more than any other man I know. Best of all, though, is how his love for his children shines through everything he does. And those children of ours!!! Seriously, how did we get so blessed to have these beautiful, smart creatures in our lives? No matter how bad the day they exemplify love and make me smile.
Before Christmas arrives Brad and I always discuss what to budget. While we could spend significantly more than we do, we always arrive at the decision to keep Christmas less extravagant and really try to instill in our children how blessed we are to have each other and our necessities. That's not to say that people who go all out aren't doing that, its just how we celebrate. Each night in December this year we spent extra time praying and talking about what our many blessings are. We also devoted time each day to talking about the true meaning of Christmas. Sophia's favorite was singing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus, though! I'm very proud of the fact that she knows the story of Jesus' birth and if you ask her why we celebrate Christmas her first answer is always Jesus's birthday, not Santa or presents.
Of course, the presents are a great part of Christmas!! This year, Brad and I cheated and bought a joint gift of a new wireless Blu-Ray like the one we have in the basement. Its so nice to be able to watch Netflix on both floors now. :-) We never even wrapped it, just bought it and set it up Black Friday. I'm so glad we did, though, because it has come in so very handy with all the sickness going around lately!
Both kids received lots of great gifts. I think each gift has been played with and rotated at least a dozen times in the last four days. They really did enjoy each and every gift they received this year. Despite the fact that we didn't spend a ton of money, they were both very happy with what they got as we spent time considering each gift and making thoughtful purchases instead of just buying until we hit a certain monetary goal.
Collin seems to have run off with my camera cord (ornery little thing) but as soon as I locate it I'll get some pictures up!
I hope you all had a very blessed Christmas as well!

1 comment:
Love!
Post a Comment