The stomach bug caught up with us again. We had big plans to spend this past weekend at King's Pointe with Brad's family swimming, eating, and socializing. We did manage to do some of that, but not nearly as much as we had hoped to. We got up to the hotel on Friday late afternoon, went out to dinner, and then got ready to swim. We spent a couple hours playing around in the water having a blast. After the pool closed we headed up to Brad's parents' room to snack and socialize. Sophia was acting perfectly fine one minute, and then throwing up the next. The minute she was done, though, she was asking for more food. She got sick a couple more times overnight, but was acting normal again Saturday morning, although not eating very well. Collin was a little needy and lethargic, but never did get sick. By Sunday evening Sophia's appetite was back to normal, but at bedtime I started feeling under the weather. By Monday morning Brad and I both were sick as dogs, alternating between trips to the bathroom and writhing from stomach pains. It was a seriously sad picture. Sophia was a super star all day, playing quietly and watching extra TV while we lounged around. At one point we were all four asleep scattered throughout the living room! I do have to say, though, that while I hate being sick, I hate even more that we missed all our Christmas Eve traditions. Christmas Eve is my absolute favorite day of the entire year and I spent it miserable. :-(
This morning, though, we woke up feeling better and have had a great Christmas. The kids opened lots of presents, we all played, I cooked a big, traditional meal, and now we are all relaxing. I did spent an hour this morning covering the house in a nice, sticky layer of Lysol and am on my third load of laundry trying to get everything cleaned and sanitized, but otherwise its been a great day! I will post more details and pictures later....for now its time to go spend time with my family, which I am so grateful for that I may have teared up during our pre-lunch prayer.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:
Post a Comment