Image and video hosting by TinyPic

July 19, 2011

1 week old

Collin is one week old today.  As I posted yesterday he's doing pretty well.  After a few rough latches yesterday he's back on track with feeding well.  I think since he's named after his grandpa he's just exhibiting some of his stubbornness as well!  We had our best night's sleep so far last night with Collin waking at exactly 3 hours through the night and almost immediately going back to sleep until the next feeding.  Its amazing and I pray it continues!

In Sophia news, she started VBS on Sunday and is absolutely loving it.  Each night at dinner she starts getting excited to leave and asks us frequently how much longer until our friend Stacey picks her up to take her.  Afterward she comes running to show us all her projects for the night.  Stacey, who is also her leader, says she is doing magnificently and listens better than some of the older kids.  That's my big girl!!  This was perfect practice for preschool, where she will be gone the same number of hours, but won't be with anyone she knows.  She's going to do so well, I'm sure.

TMI: My postpartum recovery is still continuing to be fabulous.  We did a little too much yesterday with Collin's appointment, lunch out, and then a trip to Target, but after an hour of resting with my feet up my soreness was gone again.  I am completely done bleeding at this point, which is a nice surprise.  My breast soreness is also gone with only some minor pain for the first ten seconds Collin is latched.  My stomach is continuing to shrink, although is still obviously bigger than before.  I've decided to try to wait until my postpartum OB visit to check my weight and just go with the flow until then.

No comments: