Image and video hosting by TinyPic

July 16, 2011

We're Home!

We are officially home as a family of four and couldn't be happier!  Our stay in the hospital was luxurious and we were so well taken care of, but it feels good to be home.

To recap:
Collin Gene was born on Tuesday, July 12 at 7:42 am via repeat c-section.  He weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces and was 19 1/4 inches long.  My surgery went even better than expected and Dr M told us that I lost less blood than most women do during a vaginal delivery.  I'm just made to have c-sections!  The stay in the hospital was pretty uneventful other than Collin dropping roughly 10% of his birth weight.  Sophia dropped more than that so while we aren't overly concerned we are encouraging him to eat as much and as often as we can.  We will follow up with Dr Beebe on Monday to do a weight check as well as a general checkup up on how things are going.

Collin is an absolute delight and is generally pretty mild mannered and mellow except for when he's hungry or when we have to change his diaper.  The kiddo does not like to be undressed!  Sophia is over the moon in love with him.  Each day she came to the hospital Brad and I weren't even acknowledged until she had located him and given him a kiss.  She jumped right up on the couch the very first day to hold him.  She also had no qualms about seeing me in the hospital with my IV and gown and I think a large part of that is because we had prepared her.  She even asked to see my staples and thought they were pretty cool!  She is slightly disappointed that I can't lift her right now, but she knows that soon my tummy will heal and I will be able to again.  She is pretty good about just climbing up on my lap when she needs cuddles.

WARNING TMI: My recovery is going exceptionally well.  My bleeding has been really light and has been since day two.  At this point its pretty much nonexistent already.  My biggest complaints about the entire process were some gas pains the first two days after surgery and the fact that my milk fully came in yesterday and my breasts HURT today.  I don't remember getting engorged with Sophia so its definitely a new experience and I'm ready for some relief!  I am feeding Collin often and pumping a couple times a day to help increase my supply and, therefore, hopefully his weight.  Thank goodness for those!  My stomach and incision don't hurt at all and I was even laughing without the use of a pillow to my stomach by the time I went home from the hospital.  Definitely an easier recovery than after having Sophia, which I wasn't sure was possible since I thought hers was so easy.

We ventured out to lunch today with Brad's parents and my mom and everything went off without a hitch.  Tomorrow we plan to attempt church as I'm feeling well enough to go and I know lots of people who are just itching to get their eyes on our little man.

Life is definitely good and we feel so blessed to have our little family complete and home.

No comments: