Image and video hosting by TinyPic

July 8, 2011

38 Week (and final) OB appointment

Well, the day has come, we had our last ever prenatal appointment this morning.  Once again, the excitement is mingled with nostalgia as this will be my last appointment as a pregnant woman.  Today, though, I just can't wait to get to be a mommy again!  Dr Mintzer went over everything that will go on Tuesday morning with us and everything is pretty much like it was with Sophia with the exception of spending some time in a triage/recovery room after surgery instead of going straight back to my room.  In actuality, this happened with Sophia as well, although, wasn't how things usually go, the hospital was just full that morning!  We also went over all the details of the tubal ligation I will be having done "while he's in there" and he reminded me that he will ask again the morning of surgery and again in the OR just in case I change my mine.  I really am happy with this decision and it is one that neither Brad nor I take lightly.  We both know a natural family of four is what is right for us.  I say natural because if we ever do decide to expand our family we both agree that adoption is the way to go.  We love being parents so much and if we decide to do it again we would love to share that love with other children out there who are searching for it.  Of course, surviving a toddler and a new born comes first! :-)

As far as stats, I'm measuring right on once again, my blood pressure is good, and I've gained another one pound, which is right on track.  My swelling is still there, but pretty much the same as last week and NOTHING compared to what it was with Sophia this close to delivery.  Baby boy's heartbeat is also sounding great.

On the agenda for this weekend is finishing up all the baby things that we had done at least a month in advance with Sophia, but have managed to put off until the last weekend this time around.  (Installing carseats, setting up the swing and bouncer, washing bottles and pump, etc.)  I can't believe that at this time next week, baring any complications, we will be at home as a family of four.  Simply amazing!

No comments: