Collin is two months old today and I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by. Over the last two weeks I've been thinking a lot about how with Sophia I was going back to work at this point, but I am so lucky to not have to leave Collin. Staying home is definitely harder than my office job, but its also so much more rewarding for me.
Collin is such an easy going baby most of the time. A typical day starts around 7:30 or 8 by feeding him. He then spends about an hour happily awake watching Sophia and I get ready for the day. Its then time for his morning nap, which happens in his crib if we are home for the morning or in his carseat and/or the Moby if we are out and about. On preschool mornings (Tuesdays and Thursdays) he will typically fall asleep while dropping off Sophia and then I just let him sleep in his carseat until he wakes up on his own. He usually sleeps about two hours no matter where we are and then is ready to eat again. After a quick diaper change and feeding he is again awake for an hour or two and is then ready for another nap. I'm very lucky in that most days I can get both kids asleep for at least two hours after lunch and get some much needed work done around the house or a rest myself. After his afternoon nap he is once again ready for a diaper change and feeding. At that point he is usually awake until Brad comes home from work and I start making supper. Usually around dinner time we put him in his swing or bouncer so we can eat and he can check out the fan or the toys he has just discovered on these. The evenings are usually spent cat napping off and on with periods of being happily awake. We are very lucky that we have't had a "witching hour" with him so far and hope to keep it that way! At 8 its time to put Sophia to bed so we all go upstairs to read her a story and then one of us takes Collin to get him in jammies while the other sits with Sophia. Around 8:30 or 9 I nurse Collin and then swaddle him in his Swaddlepod and rock until he is drowsy. He's usually down for the night by 9:30 or so. He is consistently waking up at 3 or 3:30 to eat and then usually goes right back to sleep. The past couple nights he has woken up again at 5:30 for a diaper change, but then goes back to sleep without a feeding.
He really is such a mellow baby, especially now that I have cut out dairy. If he is drowsy we can lay him down and 9 times out of 10 he will put himself to sleep. He loves his pacifier, but easily switches between brands. He takes a bottle well, which is great when I need a break or we are in a hurry. The only real fussiness we have is when I get some dairy or when he is getting his diaper changed. He loves his bath once he is in it and happily lays there staring at the lights while I wash him up.
Collin is currently wearing newborn size clothing, although some of it is getting too short. The 0-3 items just swallow him up as he is still so scrawny, but getting longer every day. He is also still in NB size diapers, although after this package is gone we are going to try going up to size 1 as he has been leaking more often.
We truly are in love with this little man and really feel he is the perfect addition to complete our family!

No comments:
Post a Comment