One of the lovely ladies from my mom's group brought us stuffed peppers after Collin was born that we all devoured and loved. Thankfully, she also brought the recipe! Due to the dairy-free situation I did exclude a few things and, of course, changed it up a bit because its virtually impossible for me to follow a recipe exactly as I like to improvise in my cooking. Here's what I did:
2 large bell peppers
3 chicken breasts
1 T onion flakes
1 T garlic powder
1 artichoke heart
4 T mayonnaise
1/4 cup crumbled bacon
Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and ribs. Cook chicken as you desire. (I sauteed mine with just a little EVOO and onion flakes.) The recipe called for dicing and mixing everything, but since I omitted the cheese I just tossed everything in the blender to get a nice, creamy texture. Fill pepper cups with mixture and place on foil lined baking sheet. Broil 5 minutes.
The recipe says you can make the mixture a few days ahead and fill the peppers 24 hours ahead, but I did mine all this evening. It took roughly 30 minutes start to finish and part of that was cleaning the whole, fresh artichoke.
What I would change: I had enough mixture to easily do three peppers. I used green this time, but would love to do a variety just for a nice presentation. Next time I'll also add more bacon for just a little more robust flavor.
Overall we really enjoyed this and will definitely have it again. Even Sophia liked it!

No comments:
Post a Comment