I can hardly believe it, but my baby boy is one year old today. Where has this year gone? Its amazing to me to look back on the pictures over the last year and see just how much he has changed. He seems to be filling out more each day and his little personality is over the top. We're going to have our hands full when he and Sophia decide to gang up on us!
Collin is still my little peanut, weighing in at 16 pounds yesterday, but is very healthy. He is in 3-6 month clothing and bounces between his newborn and size 1 shoes. He is in a size 2 diaper.
He loves all foods and I have a hard time picking what I think would be his favorite because he eats almost everything with gusto. He has recently started crawling and gets around very quickly. I can really see how much he enjoys his new-found mobility and ability to explore his surroundings more thoroughly. We're working on keeping him away from the dog toys, as those are usually the first thing he takes off after.
His vocabulary is steadily expanding. On top of the usual mama and dada, he now says hi, whoa, roar, and what I'm pretty sure is Sophia (eeeaaaa), although its pretty garbled. He is just constantly making noises so I'm sure he has quite the commentary going on in his head.
We have had a rough week with teething, a sore throat, and a viral rash so his sleep has really gone down hill, but usually he sleeps from 7:30-5:30, nurses, and then goes back to sleep until 7:30. Part of me wants to see if we can eliminate that 5:30 feeding, but I'm afraid if we do that he will start waking up earlier and I LOVE getting to sleep in most mornings. :-)
Collin continues to be the most easy going baby. He goes with the flow and absolutely loves to people watch. He is content to be in the stroller, but prefers to be worn in the wrap or mei tai, especially on my back. He loves to watch Sophia and will often try to imitate anything she is doing, which still makes her smile.
I never could have imagined how much he would change our lives in such a short year, but I am so grateful I got the chance. I really am a lucky lady!
 |
| First day in the hospital |
 |
| Sophia's first time meeting Collin. Love at first sight! |
 |
| Hmmm, whose foot is bigger? |
 |
| Getting ready to leave the hospital as a family of four |
 |
| So tiny |
 |
| Helping put Sophia to bed |
 |
| Sophia got the first smiles |
 |
| Wow, I'm so tall! |
 |
| Whoa! |
 |
| Mmmmm, potato salad |
 |
| I'm so tough! |
No comments:
Post a Comment