Image and video hosting by TinyPic

July 15, 2012

DMB weekend

I'm late getting a post up, but last weekend Brad and I enjoyed a nice long weekend without kiddos.  Every year we head out to Wisconsin to camp and enjoy two Dave Matthews Band concerts at Alpine Valley, which is a huge outdoor ampitheater.  Its always an awesome time and a great show.  The trip up this year was quite dramatic as we rode with friends and their camper blew through three tires on the drive.  It wouldn't have been quite as bad if the temps hadn't been in the 110s, but we all survived.  After the first day the temperatures cooled down and it really was perfect camping weather.  We spent the days lazing around at the beach, then headed over to tailgate for an hour or so before going in to the concert, which was great as always. 

It was a great time with great friends (although we missed the Larsons this year) but even better was the chance to reconnect with each other and sleep through the night uninterrupted and sleep as late as we wanted!  The first morning I didn't drag myself out of the tent until 10 am!!  I can't even tell you the last time I managed to sleep that late.  Needless to say, we came back refreshed, which is a great thing because both kiddos came down with nasty coughs this past week. 

No comments: