Image and video hosting by TinyPic

July 13, 2012

Thunder

Brad and I both grew up in small farming communities.  While our parents didn't directly farm, both of our dads worked at grain elevators, mine for most of my life.  I also worked at the grain elevator after college and it remains my favorite job of all time.  So, needless to say, Sophia has grown up listening to us talk about crop conditions and the process of farming.  A couple years ago she even got to go out to a field and watch Jay D combine.  He gave us a handful of corn to take in to the elevator and they "paid" Sophia a sucker for her crop.

With the heat wave and drought that has been plaguing us this summer we've been talking a lot about how hard it is on the crops and other plants.  Even our yard is looking sad.  So I couldn't have been more proud when Sophia heard thunder this morning and her first reaction was, "the plants will be so happy!!".  She knows that without rain the plants won't grow and that effects all of us negatively.  She's been diligently watching at the window for those first rain drops, but unfortunately is still waiting. Come on clouds, bring us some rain!!

And as I turned around after posting this, the rain finally started.  Now lets hope it keeps up.

No comments: