On Monday Sophia started private swimming lessons through
Mindy Aronow Swimming Lessons. It costs about twice as much as the group lessons that we were signed up for through Clive, but it is one on one instruction and I had heard so many great things from friends that we decided to give it a try. We are now three days in and I am confident that it was money well spent. Sophia's instructor, Peggy, has been wonderful. She pushes her, but is still gentle when Sophia needs some extra time to warm up to something. They started with basics like assisted back float, dunking her head under water, and jumping off the diving board. She can now kick board on her own, put her face in the water for 7 SECONDS, and today she swam about two feet unassisted. She still doesn't like jumping off the diving board (I think that is her fear of heights coming up), but is doing great jumping off the edge and going under water. I can't wait to see how far she comes in the next two days. Next year we will also get to put Collin in so we will have two little fishes at Mindy's pool!
I do feel the need to mention that the only down side to these lessons is that the family does have a couple dogs, who have always been inside when we are there, but the yard does smell a bit and we did have an unfortunate encounter with a pile of poo this morning. All in all, though, still totally worth the money!
 |
| Ready to jump in |
 |
| The big jump! |
 |
| Front floating |
 |
| Front floating and blowing bubbles |
 |
| Kick board. She does this completely on her own now! |
 |
| Back float |
No comments:
Post a Comment