Image and video hosting by TinyPic

July 2, 2013

July

July is such a big month for our family.  Two absolutely wonderful things happen in July......Our annual adults-only trip to Wisconsin to camp and see the Dave Matthews Band perform and, of course, Collin's birthday.  Its amazing to me that my little tiny, slow-growing baby is going to be TWO in just ten short days. Seriously, how did that happen?!

DMB:  I've been busy re-organizing my camping list, coordinating with the other ladies we camp with over meal plans, and prepping the house, kids, and paperwork for my mom to take over for four days.  Last year I struggled beyond belief over leaving the kids, in particular Collin, and debated whether it was the right decision pretty much right up until the morning AFTER we got there.  Seriously, the entire car ride out I fought back tears thinking I had made the worst decision ever.  The fact that I was pumping every 2-3 hours and we blew through three tires on our friends' camper didn't help.  That first night I cried as I tried to fall asleep and honestly would have turned around and headed back home had we driven ourselves instead of come in a friend's vehicle.  The next day, though, we had such a blast, Brad and I had a chance to reconnect in a way we hadn't been able to since becoming a family of four, and I realized it was absolutely the right choice.  This year I have no doubts.  I'm ready for some adult only time with friends and especially for some uninterrupted time to reconnect with my wonderful hubby!  We leave bright and early Thursday morning and I AM READY!!

Birthday:  We've also been busy prepping for Collin's big 2 year old birthday party.  He became slight obsessed with Batman this spring so we are planning a Batman/super hero birthday for him.  This past week we spent some time getting super hero shirts for the entire family and are encouraging the guests to do so as well.  It should be a blast.

Unfortunately, July also brings a sad anniversary to the forefront.  July 20 is the day we got called to go say goodbye to my dad.  The following two days were some of the best memories I have of spending time with my family, but its still very bittersweet.  Oddly enough, July 22, the day he passed, isn't as bad.  For me, that initial call and the memory of leaving the cemetery after his burial were way harder.

For now, though, I'm choosing to focus on my fun long weekend away.  If there was one thing my dad knew, it was how to have fun (while pretending not to, of course)!

No comments: