Image and video hosting by TinyPic

January 6, 2011

Biscuit Casserole

Tonight I needed something quick and easy for supper that would hopefully include some extra ground beef and tomato sauce that I had on hand and needed to use up.  So I turned to the trusty Beltman Cookbook and found just what I was looking for.  Bonus points that this is now new recipe number one for 2011.  I didn't follow the recipe exactly, of course, because I can never manage to do that so I'll give you the recipe that I actually used instead.

1 pound hamburger
1 small onion
2 ounces tomato sauce
1/4 c ketchup
Generous sprinkle ground pepper
2 cups shredded Monterey/Jack cheese
1 tube crescent rolls

Brown hamburger and onion.  Drain off fat.  Add tomato sauce, ketchup, and pepper.  Heat until bubbly.  In a greased 9 x 9 pan spread 1/2 mixture.  Layer on cheese and then add rest of meat mixture.  Place biscuits on top.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.

This recipe turned out awesome, getting five stars from Brad!  I think next time I'll sneak in some finely chopped veggies (a usual in most of my recipes to add some nutrients) and possibly try some taco sauce instead of ketchup.  We will definitely try this again, though, either way, especially since it was so super easy to prep.

No comments: