I saw a post the other day about trying to sum up 2010 in just three words. Since its impossible for me to EVER use only three words I didn't participate, but it did get me thinking about my year in review. What a year it was! We started off with tons of snow and cold, cold weather. I then took the quickest ever trip to Texas to drive my parents home in just two days. Hey, at least I got to spend 10 hours in nice weather, right?! The trip was a quick one, but I"ll never forget it. I cherish the fact that I was able to do that for both my mom and dad as I know it meant a lot to them. What they didn't know was that it meant even more to me. Being able to return a small portion of all the help they have given me over the years was so rewarding. Plus, driving the big red truck was pretty cool. At the end of March we celebrated Sophia turning 2 with a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday party. It was hard seeing my baby turn 2, but we had a blast. Then spring came with all the fabulous weather and lots of outside time. The first part of the summer is really a blur of long walks, bike rides, and trips to the park, zoo, and pool. We did take an amazing trip out to South Dakota with Brad's entire family and Sophia still talks about seeing "the faces" and hiking up the mountain. I really hope to get to repeat this trip again someday.
In July our lives changed forever when my dad took his final turn for the worse and we lost him. It still tears me up, but the fact that we got to spend his last two days by his bedside will forever remain a fond memory of mine. I have a feeling we will joke for the rest of our lives about my inability to quit talking about food and all the grimaces I got from him even when he could no longer respond fully to us. Fall was spent cheering on the Hawkeyes and enjoying the cooler weather. Sophia now loves to ask Brad to sit down and watch some Hawkeye football....so cute! In November we found out we were expecting baby #2, due almost exactly a year after my dad passed away. Once again the Lord has blessed us and shown us the love He has for us. While we are saddened that Dad will not be here in person to meet his new little grandson or daughter I like to think he had a hand in sending them our way and I know he is watching out for all of us.
The holidays were spent celebrating with family and friends and eating way more than we should have, but isn't that how its supposed to go? We are so blessed to have so many loved ones around us and feel so loved.
So, new year, new resolutions, right? Here are my goals:
1. Read 25 books in 2011. I sort of followed this in 2010, but didn't actually keep track of the books so I don't know for sure. This year I'll be logging them here to keep track.
2. Stay healthy during my pregnancy and enjoy every minute I possibly can as this will most likely be our last.
3. Enjoy every possible moment with Sophia as this is the last time she will be an only child. I know having a new sibling will be a blessing to her as well, but pregnancy goes so fast as it is that I don't want to miss out on this special time with just us. She is learning and changing every single day, right in front of our eyes and I don't want to miss it!
4. Try at least one new recipe per month. Before getting pregnant I was going to make this a weekly thing, but I decided to cut myself a little slack. Growing a human being is hard work, after all!
Here's wishing all of you a happy and healthy new year. Remember to count your blessings each day and never take what you have for granted.
Love,
LuCinda

1 comment:
What a year for you guys- highs and lows and everything in between. I love the resolutions and your thoughts of enjoying Sophia are exactly how I feel about Eleanor (minus the additional kid in the near future thing). Good luck and share some of the new recipes!
Post a Comment