What a busy day we have had around here today! First off, I must mention that we are in the middle of a two day heat wave, hitting a high in the upper 90s today with heat indices in the 100s. That didn't stop us, though!! We got up early this morning and headed out to the park for an early play date to try to beat the heat. After a good hour of playing (and sweating) we ventured over to the library for Shake, Rattle, and Roll, which is a fun music class they put on. After shaking our tail feathers for another hour we headed out for a quick lunch and trip through Walmart for some groceries.
Once we were home and Sophia was down for her nap my mom and I really got busy. We managed to finish the crib skirt for Bubble's room as well as one curtain in the hour and a half Sophia slept. After that it was time to bust out the sprinkler for some outside fun. I even donned my swimming suit to partake with Sophia. We had such a blast and spent a good 90 minutes or so just running through and laughing. We had decided earlier than a cold supper sounded good so we had huge chef's salads on the patio and then went back to the sprinkler. Once Sophia was down for the evening Mom and I finished up the baby projects, including the other curtain, two throw pillows, and a neck pillow for me. We all know there will be nights I fall asleep nursing in the rocking chair and I decided a nice coordinating neck pillow sounded awesome for just those occasions. Other than washing up the bedding and a few wall hangings the room is all ready for our little man. Unbelievable!
 |
| Filling her bucket |
 |
| Action sequence! |
 |
| Finished bedding....the pillows will come out when he's in there, don't worry! |
 |
| The room from the doorway |
 |
| The rocking chair my mom was rocked in as a baby and my new neck pillow |
 |
| The coordinating fabrics up close |
1 comment:
Pictures with the new camera? They look great!
Post a Comment