Image and video hosting by TinyPic

February 15, 2012

An 8k his how far again?

Well, I took my first big leap in this Dam to Dam adventure by signing up for the Iowa Speedway 8k in April.  Brad's uncle ran it a few years ago and said it was pretty awesome to get to actually run on the racetrack so I'm giving it a go.  I'm currently in the bipolar phase of alternating between "5 miles, how can I possibly run 5 miles?" and "5 miles, that's nothing, by summer I'll be running 12"!!"  

In other running news, my darn second toe is acting up.  I broke it in basic training so I wasn't surprised when I started getting numbness in it when running on the treadmill, but recently it turned into actual pain and I had to stop an otherwise fabulous run yesterday due to it.  So, after paging Dr Google and talking to someone at my local running store I bought some insoles that will hopefully solve the problem.  What is the problem, you ask?  My second toes are longer than my big toes.  My dad always said that meant I was smart, but apparently its actually called a Morton's toe and can cause pain because that toe takes the brunt of the force when running/walking instead of the big toe.  Everywhere I read about it, though, insoles seem to make a huge difference.  I'm hoping to get away with some generic ones, but if need be I'll head in to the doc to get some prescription ones.  I was hoping to test them out today, but Collin had other plans.  Maybe tonight!

No comments: