Image and video hosting by TinyPic

February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Cinnamon Rolls

I loved Pioneer Woman's idea of passing out cinnamon rolls for the holidays, but Christmas is just too busy for us, so I decided to tweak the idea and hand them out for Valentine's Day with pink frosting.  I mixed up the dough yesterday while Sophia was napping and plopped it in the fridge to set overnight.
The dough all ready to be rolled out
After lunch Sophia and I got to work rolling them out and spreading all the ooey-gooey butter, sugar, and cinnamon on them.  The best (or worst) part is then rolling them up into cinnamon rolls.  Seriously, she recommends your rolled out dough measure roughly 10 x 30 inches for half of it.  Yes, I did break out the tape measure to see if we were close and we were!
All the butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
If you were hoping for a low-fat option these aren't it!
So after making a giant mess into the oven they all went.  They turned out beautifully and several lucky friends got a special delivery this evening after dinner.

Pink frosting! 
All packaged and ready to go

If you are reading this and got some we hope you enjoyed them. If you are reading this and didn't get some then you have two options:
1.  Move closer or
2.  Let me know and we'll add you to to the list for next year!  :-D

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!

No comments: