HUGE TOO MUCH INFORMATION WARNING!!!
Today was poor little Collin's turn for a round of torture. He has had some constipation problems off and on for the last two months, but we thought we had it under control. Until today, when he started straining so hard that his little bottom was bleeding. After listening to him scream bloody murder while trying to fill his diaper I made a somewhat frantic call to the pediatrician's office. A very kind nurse encouraged me to "help" him get it out by using a lubricated suppository. Since the stool was so hard I couldn't actually insert the suppository so she wanted me to use it to ease around the large lump of stool and help it find its way out. After a traumatic round of rock-hard poops we were off to pick up Sophia from school. After lunch Brad got the honor of watching me "help" a second time. The poor little man just screamed, but we thought we got all of it out. Until an hour later when we went for round number three. I really do think (hope) we got it all out this time. Collin is completely exhausted and soundly sleeping on me as I type.
The plan from here out is to give him a dose of Miralax every day until our nine month well visit, at which point we will discuss how things are going. My poor little man!

No comments:
Post a Comment