On Tuesday I took both kids to the dentist, Sophia for a repeat regular checkup and Collin for his very first visit. In the past Sophia has been super excited to go to the dentist, but once she was back in the exam area cried and asked to leave. This visit was completely different. She was very excited all week leading up to the appointment and kept talking about how she was going to sit in the big chair instead of on my lap and was excited to let them use the flamingo spinner tool instead of just a regular toothbrush. She kept to her word and jumped right up into the big chair and excitedly told the hygienist that she wanted to use the "big flamingo spinner". She also cooperated very nicely with Dr Nick and even got x-rays without a fuss! Her teeth look great, they are very happy with her brushing, and her x-rays show that her permanent teeth are lining up just right.
After Sophia had her go it was Collin's turn. He fussed, of course, but didn't fight nearly as badly as I thought he would. I think watching Sophia do it all first really made a difference. He now has four top teeth (with the last one breaking through Monday night) and three bottom teeth. You can very clearly see the fourth bottom tooth pushing through and all four molars getting ready to make their appearance! No wonder he's a bit fussy at times. :-)
All in all it was a great visit and I felt like a pro taking both kids on my own! If you are local and looking for a pediatric dentist I'd highly recommend Walnut Hills Pediatric Dentistry. Dr Nick and his staff are simply amazing and remember us every time we run into them in the office or out in the community!

No comments:
Post a Comment