August 17, 2012
Mmmmmm, fruit
Both kids have always really enjoyed fruit, but their favorite has to be berries. If we aren't careful we can easily go through an entire Costco-sized container of strawberries or raspberries in one day! On Wednesday afternoon we made a Costco run. I bought a container of strawberries, a container of raspberries, a flat of fresh peaches, and a giant watermelon (seriously, I think it weighed more than Collin). We finished off the raspberries during breakfast this morning, the strawberries this afternoon, and are about a quarter through the peaches already. Brad and Sophia also polished off about a quarter of the watermelon last night. That was on top of the apples and bananas that I usually have around! The kids definitely aren't missing any servings of fruits and this just cements my plan to try to plant strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries in containers this coming spring. Just imagine how much money I could save if we get a decent crop!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment