Today is just not Collin's day. He woke up in a fabulous mood, ate a good breakfast, and played happily until about 8:30. Then the day went south. As I was getting Sophia ready to head out the door for school he was standing at our "toy tower" playing away with things in the drawer. He usually lets go and balances for a few seconds at a time, but this time he let go for a little too long and went crashing down onto the activity table, whacking his eye on the way. He is now sporting a pretty good red/purple bruise right below his eye.
Fate decided that wasn't enough for one day, though, and this afternoon while I was doing laundry he shut the dryer door on his thumb. It left enough of an indentation that I considered taking him in to the clinic for xrays, but in the end he calmed down and seems to be moving it okay. I'm sure it will be another lovely bruise. Poor kid.
Hopefully the rest of his day improves from here!

No comments:
Post a Comment