Image and video hosting by TinyPic

June 28, 2011

37 Weeks!

Today officially marks us as "full term" with the pregnancy.  While most babies still need another two to three weeks to be fully ready to enter the world, at this point in pregnancy should we deliver baby's lungs should be ready for the outside world.  My weekly email says on average at 37 weeks a baby weighs roughly 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches head to heel, which coincidentally is longer than Sophia was at 40 weeks 1 day!  It appears I did drop even more last night as walking is a bit more uncomfortable today and I'm feelings lots of pressure in my hips and pelvis.  I'm also having a bit stronger contractions, although still not regularly.  We went for a nice walk around the neighborhood this evening and that definitely increased the pressure and contractions, but upon getting home and sitting down they slowed back down.  I'm sure this is just how it will be for the next two weeks....at least its not like the last two weeks with Sophia.

Overall I'm still feeling pretty great overall.  As mentioned, my swelling is somewhat worse, but I'm still pretty darn comfortable.  I will say, though, that I'm getting a bit annoyed by people assuming I must just be miserable. I don't know if I just look that bad or if they just assume that two weeks out every woman is miserable.  I've managed to not say anything, but its really getting on my nerves this week!  If you know me at all you know I'll tell you if I'm miserable! :-)

Sophia, Grandma and I ventured out into her kiddie pool this evening and while the water was pretty chilly at first, it did feel great to just let my legs and the bottom of my belly float in the water.  It also helped with my end of the day swelling so we might need to make it a nightly ritual!  I even broke out the bikini, which I had said I would do at least once while pregnant.  I mean, at what other point in adulthood is a big belly in a bikini acceptable?!  I won't be leaving the back yard with it on, but it was pretty comfy.
37 weeks


Bikini shot---at least as much as the world wide web needs to see! :-) 

No comments: