Image and video hosting by TinyPic

June 9, 2011

Leg cramps!

I have heard pregnant women over the years complain of awful leg cramps at night, but was lucky to never experience it.  That is up until last night.  About 5:30 this morning I woke up in excruciating pain crying out for help.  Poor Brad was startled out of sleep and immediately jumped into action trying to help me.  First he was trying to figure out what was wrong, and then was trying to massage my calf for me.  I had a knot the size of a softball in my calf.  He actually asked if we needed to call an ambulance it was so big and rock hard!  After some help getting up out of bed and walking a bit we ended up "slow dancing" in the middle of our bedroom floor trying to get the dang thing to loosen up.  I finally got some relief and was able to go back to sleep, but it is still tender to the touch this morning and super tight.  I now know what those poor women were talking about and can't imagine the ones who experience it night after night.  It hurt sooooo bad!

A huge thanks to my wonderful hubby, though, who proves to me time and time again just how well he does under pressure.  He took amazing care of me and even stayed awake until I had fallen back asleep just to make sure I was okay.  I am so lucky to have married such a wonderful guy.

No comments: