Image and video hosting by TinyPic

June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day (and a busy weekend)

Although my husband doesn't read the blog I feel the need to tell all of you how exceptionally wonderful he is and wish him a happy father's day on here as well as in person!  I don't know another man who willingly sacrifices of himself and gives so fully to his family.  I teared up in church this morning thinking about how lucky I am to have him in my life and how I absolutely could not have found a better man to be Daddy to my children.  Prime example----he let ME sleep in today instead of waking me up to get up with Sophia so he could catch an extra hour of sleep.  I felt horrible about it after I realized what had happened, but that's just my husband.  How lucky am I?!

We've had such a busy weekend, but have enjoyed it as a family with nothing particularly daunting on the schedule, which was nice.  We started out with having friends over for dinner Friday night, which was nice and relaxing.  Saturday morning we decided we'd run over to Stiver's Ford to test drive a CX-9 they had on the lot.  The intent was to give Brad a chance behind the wheel before we seriously committed to looking for one.  Well, after a two hour test drive he was just as in love with it as I was.  We dropped the car back off and planned to head home for the day.  Except for the salesman.  You know the line, "What would we have to do to get you to drive it off the lot today?"  Yep, I fell for it.  Only, in the end negotiations ended up on my side of the table and I walked away with a 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring for a significant amount less than my top dollar price on this particular vehicle.  We actually ended up closer to my significantly low-balled beginning offer than I ever dreamed possible.  Thank goodness for my over-researching ways!!  So we are now the proud owners of a spancy new vehicle.  Since this is my blog to brag in, I must say I'm impressed.  I went from a 1999 Ford Contour with power windows and locks and not much else to a CX-9 with power everything, sunroof, power lift gate, navigation, Bluetooth, backup camera, leather, keyless entry, and on and on and on.  I am overjoyed!!!


After swinging home for some quick showers we headed back out to our friend Erica's wedding and got to see a lot of Brad's college friends that we haven't seen in far too long.  Its what happens when one couple gets married and starts having kids before the rest, but seeing everyone last night made me realize just how much we have missed everyone.  Hopefully it won't be another three years before we see them again!  It was a beautiful reception and Sophia danced her little heart out until about 9:30, when she abruptly stopped dancing with Brad and said very seriously to him "I'm ready to go now Big Guy".  We've been cracking up over that line all day today!

This morning we were off to church and then came home to load up our old grill to take up to Mom's house as she doesn't have one and Brad got a nice, shiny new one for Father's Day.  The rest of the day was spent wandering the mall and Walmart (exciting, huh) and now we are back home to relax and let Brad test out his new grill.  I will, of course, be heading back out to the car a little later to play around some more!

1 comment:

The Family said...

Cannot wait to see the new car!