At our last OB appointment we had the Quad Screen done, which is a blood test that looks for possible problems with brain and spinal cord defects as well as genetic disorders such as Down Syndrome. The nurse just called and everything looks "perfectly fine". Not that we had any worries, but its still nice to get that reassurance.
We also got the results of my urine culture. I have Group B Strep and have known about it since I was a teenager. The only issues it has ever caused were an occasional sore throat, but it can cause complications during a vaginal delivery and because of that GBS positive mommies have to have antibiotics during labor. Unfortunately, many OBs also feel that patients should be treated with a round of antibiotics every time it shows up in the urine. For me, that would mean an almost constant stream of antibiotics while pregnant, which just doesn't sound fun at all. Fortunately, Dr Mintzer does not agree with this practice and gave me the go ahead to skip antibiotics unless I am having symptoms. I'll still get them at delivery, but with a c-section they'll just go into the already needed IV. Another hurray for Dr Mintzer!
Apparently I forgot to mention in a previous post that we have scheduled our anatomy scan, which is the much anticipated ultrasound where we will hopefully find out whether Bubbles is a boy or a girl. It is set for Friday, March 4 at 9:15 am and I CANNOT wait!

1 comment:
Wonderful on the test results, not having to be on antibiotics for the next how many months and MARCH 4th! My sister finds out March 8th. Two very fun day in the beginning of March!
Post a Comment