For recipe number three of the year I am cheating. I looked up the recipe, but that was the extent of my contribution....Brad did the rest. We love chicken breasts on the grill, but usually just toss them in some Italian dressing to marinate all day and then grill them. Tonight, however, Baby wanted some barbecue chicken so we obliged. I looked up a recipe and Brad went to work, sort of.
The recipe:
Chicken breasts (we used three boneless, skinless breasts)
Sea salt
Barbecue sauce
Sprinkle thawed chicken breasts with sea salt and place in container at room temperature for 30 minutes. Light and preheat one side of the grill. Place chicken breasts over unlit side of the grill for indirect heat for 45 minutes. The recipe literally says, "shut the lid and go enjoy the game, do not disturb". After 45 minutes coat one side of chicken in BBQ sauce and leave cooking for 10-20 minutes. This was seriously the most moist, tender chicken we have ever had off the grill. It takes a little longer since you are using indirect heat, but it was well worth the time.

No comments:
Post a Comment