This morning got off to an early start when I headed down to Norwalk to meet my wonderful sister-in-law, Kristi, for some serious garage sale shopping. We hit up a handful, but I only found one pair of pants for the little man that I couldn't live without. Fortunately, I hit an awesome deal for Sophia, making the early morning well worth it. Back at Christmas, just a few days before Christmas morning, actually, Sophia told Santa she wanted a Barbie doll house. With such little notice he was unable to fulfill the wish. This morning, however, Mommy ran across an awesome doll house with furniture for an amazing $10!!! It is safely waiting at Aunt Kristi's for us to pick it up with my mom's vehicle as it wouldn't quite fit in mine. The girl is going to be ecstatic and that will make the early morning wake-up all worth it.
After a couple hours of shopping I headed back to West Des Moines for my 28 week OB appointment. I was a little apprehensive about stepping on the scale, but somehow I'm only up another 3 pounds. Once again, I'm right on track. My BP was also good. My fundal height is measuring roughly two weeks ahead, but since so many factors can contribute to that (baby's position, my height, fluid levels) Dr Mintzer is not concerned. If I have a big jump or continue to measure ahead we will check on things with an ultrasound, but for now we're just happy I'm growing.
We are now scheduled to be seen every two weeks until 36 weeks, when we will switch to weekly appointments for those last three weeks. He mentioned most women get very excited about this milestone, but I joked I'm not sure if is exciting or terrifying......part of me is a bit freaked out about how much we have left to get done!

No comments:
Post a Comment