In pregnancy news, I'm feeling well overall. I'm definitely getting winded if I take a flight of stairs too quickly or attempt both flights of stairs in the house in a row. I'm also getting to the point where I can't hold Sophia for longer than a couple minutes or the pressure is just too much between her and Baby Bubbles. I have started having Braxton-Hicks contractions, which is something I never truly experienced with Sophia. They don't hurt, but are definitely uncomfortable. It amazes me just how rock hard my stomach can get during one. Thankfully they are pretty infrequent at this point. I did mention to Brad this evening that I'm sure my stomach is harder this time around than it was even at the end with Sophia. I'm not sure if that's due to all the excess fluid I had with her or what, but there is definitely a noticeable difference.
In non-pregnancy news, we had our first bought of severe weather this evening with two nasty storm fronts passing through over the course of the evening. Tornadoes touched down in Winterset and Norwalk, but here in Waukee we only got rain and a small amount of hail. Sophia was not happy at all with the weather so we engrossed her in Little Einsteins on the laptop to keep her mind off of it.
Yesterday was a big day for Sophia. In the morning I signed her up for summer swimming lessons and in the evening I got her registered for a soccer session in June. June and July are shaping up to be very busy months with soccer, swimming, our due date, and then VBS pretty much back to back. I'm hoping it will keep my mind off of being ready to pop and help keep Sophia occupied while I'm most likely too uncomfortable to run around with her. She is beyond excited about soccer and swimming! She's also excited about VBS, but told me tonight that she gets to be a teacher, so they may have their hands full with her!
| 23 weeks |

No comments:
Post a Comment