I just finished off book number eight for the year, The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I originally became interested in reading this after seeing previews of the movie they made by the same title, but had somewhat forgotten about it until recently. A friend and I were discussing books we started, but just couldn't finish and she said this was one of them. For her it was just too disturbing as a young girl is murdered in it. I decided to at least give it a shot and put a copy on hold at a local library as it has always been out at both of the libraries we frequent whenever I went to look for it. I picked this up on Saturday morning and finished it this afternoon. It was a quick read and definitely held my interest. The scene in which the young girl is killed is relatively quick and the majority of the book is spent following her view from Heaven and how life goes on here on Earth. I actually quite enjoyed the book and would recommend it, although with the caveat that it does involve the murder of a child.
I've already got books 9, 10, and 11 waiting on the bookshelf, although I'm going to do my best not to start another one tonight as then I'll be up late reading!

No comments:
Post a Comment