Image and video hosting by TinyPic

March 15, 2011

And There Go The Knees

On Saturday afternoon I turned to get Sophia off the steps and heard a very loud, distinct POP from my right knee.  Immediately pain ensued, with lots of my form of cursing (shoot, oh fudge, frickity, frack, etc).  Although this was nothing compared to the "big pop" from 2005, it hurt.  I tried to walk it off to no avail, but was happy that I could at least walk, which wasn't the case before.  After a good hour of rest and icing it was back to sore, but manageable.  I limped around the rest of the day and iced it a couple more times, but by Sunday was pretty much back to normal.

Yesterday we spent the morning out running errands and otherwise putting around town.  It was a fabulous morning, but apparently was too much.  After getting home my knee started hurting.  Not the bad knee, of course, but my good knee (lefty).  Again, a routine of rest and ice got me pretty much back to normal, but getting in and out of bed last night was tricky.  Its still pretty sore today, but I'm up and walking on it without a limp so I'm taking that as a good sign.

Unfortunately, until you've had serious knee problems I don't think you realize the chill of fear you experience whenever you get a nasty pop or a soreness to it.  All I can think of is being pregnant and stuck on crutches with that stupid knee brace back in my life.  Or worse yet, facing surgery right after Bubbles is born to try to fix the scar tissue that I'm sure is building back up in my knee cavity.  Not to mention the fact that I fell back in love with running this fall and can't wait to get back at it just as soon as I'm cleared after birth.  So lets all hope this is just a fluke of pregnancy and all the lovely joint expansion that goes on.

No comments: