After a three day weekend full of work, Sophia's big girl room is all ready to go. In total we bought a new mattress and box spring, headboard, dresser, night stand, bookshelf, closet shelving, a few Command hooks, and some very pink paint! The headboard, dresser, night stand, and bookshelf all needed refinished since I had my heart set on white furniture. Luckily, my big brother gave us a great deal and after lots of sanding, priming, and painting they turned out better than I had dreamed! Halfway through priming Brad said he would never do it again, but I would be more than happy to! Of course, since I am pregnant Brad got stuck doing all the priming and that may have had something to do with his comment! Next time around I'll just have to make sure I'm available to help out. I did help with all the rest of the painting, though, and although I don't necessarily like painting, the end result is always worth it. Sophia also got a few brush strokes in and loves to remind me of that! Sophia was so happy with the results that she insisted on sleeping in there already Saturday night even though we hadn't moved all the furniture in yet. I am proud to say that she has now spent two nights in there with no fussing and has even consented to sleeping with just a night light instead of the hallway light being on. As always, I was worried about the change and transition period, but my girl lead the way and made it easy on all of us.
 |
| Sophia busy painting |
|
| How the furniture looked when we got it |
 |
| Finished dresser |
 |
| A small break in action |
 |
| The finished room! |
 |
| Dresser |
 |
| The toy corner |
No comments:
Post a Comment